“The no. 1 reason I choose Joe Fittante is his artistry. He is the only taxidermist I have found who can accurately reproduce the true colors and markings of a living musky. His painting technique separates him from the rest. That is why I use him exclusively and prefer his work above all others.”
– Joe Bucher Hall of Fame Angler, Eagle River, Wisconsin
“There is no one in the country who can paint our southern muskies like Joe Fittante. We have recommended Fittante to many of our Cave Run clients; all have been 110% satisfied. I wouldn’t think of using anyone else.”
– Crash Mullins, Crash’s Landing, Cave Run, Kentucky
“Years ago, only skin mounts of fish were available. Today, I can catch and release a trophy and have a replica done for the wall. Joe Fittante’s superb painting skills make his replicas the best I’ve seen.
“Whether it’s shaping, positioning or painting, Joe Fittante’s taxidermy skills are unsurpassed.”
– Mike Sheldon, President, Mepps Fishing Tackle, Inc.
“These St. Lawrence fish are a unique class of muskies. I have yet to see anyone capture the true essence of these fish the way that Joe Fittante does. His replicas are superb in every way – Anatomically correct and specific to their measurements as well as the artistic rendering. Fittante’s replicas are so lifelike, it has made my job as a charter captain much easier in regards to convincing my clients to practice catch and release to preserve the resource. I recommend Fittante to all my clients.”
– Captain Bob Walters, Water Wolf Charters, Clayton, New York
“Joe’s Paint jobs are so detailed, I don’t know how he makes any money.”
– Lance Bell, Muskies, Inc. Chapter President & Ball State University Art Department Faculty, Indianapolis, Indiana
“Joe’s replicas are the only ones I’ve seen that capture the look and feel of a fresh fish. I wouldn’t trust anyone else with the trophy of a lifetime.”
– Tony Gray, Hoosier Muskie Hunters, Coatsville, Indiana
“One look at Joe Fittante’s work is all that anyone will need ot decide he is the man. True to life painting will bring the memory of your trophy back to life for everyone to enjoy. Not only that, Joe will go the extra mile to make sure your fish exceeds your expectations.”
– Lee Tauchen, Musky Guide, Creator “Lee’s Lures”, Madison, Wisconsin